Having survived our first 100-degree spell this summer, our iced machine has certainly earned its keep. We’ve brewed, brewed, and brewed some more – and have stumbled upon some n’ice ideas to make this summer’s iced coffees – like Brew Over Ice Nantucket Blend® or French Vanilla - even more brew-tiful. Here are some of our favorites:
- Vanilla Infused Simple Syrup: No sugar clumps and it adds an extra burst of vanilla flavor? Yes, please! Here’s how to do it:
- Split a vanilla bean lengthwise into halves and place in a heatproof jar or bottle.
- In a saucepan combine 1:2 ratio of sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
- Pour the hot syrup over the jar/bottle and let it soak up the vanilla-goodness for up to 10 hours.
- Store in the refrigerator (up to a week – but it doesn’t last that long around here anyway).
- Coffee iced cubes: Okay, you’ve heard us extol the wonders of this little cube before. As Brew Over Ice coffee is made so the flavor won’t be diluted when the ice melts, this a great way to plus-up your coffee kick for those who have other coffee makers– or even add a different flavor to your go-to iced brew.
- Brew your favorite blend (love to use Fair Trade Wild Mountain Blueberry™ for this one) into a cup.
- Pour the coffee into an ice cube tray and place in the freezer.
- Pop the cubes out when you’re ready – just brew over it like you would with ice (Brew Over Ice (coffee cubes)).
- Iced (cream) coffee: Lots of people reach for cream and sugar when they make their iced coffee – so why not add a scoop of ice cream as a shortcut? We love to use a scoop of Ben & Jerry’s Fair Trade Vanilla, or, if you’re into a adventure, Coffee HEATH® Bar crunch!
What do you do to make your iced coffee uniquely yours?