What would March be without a coffee recipe dedicated to St. Patrick's Day? Thankfully, our fabulous team at our at our Visitors Center and Cafe in Waterbury, Vermont offered us not one, but two coffee recipes that sing of the Emerald Isle: An Irish Cream and a Mudslide. Of course, the classic versions of both of these drinks (like this one from our own Doug) involve whiskey or Irish cream, but we thought you'd all appreciate a little non-alcoholic version to share with the family.
- Brew or pour six ounces of hot, fresh brewed coffee (like Fair Trade Vermont Country Blend) into a large mug
- Use an Irish coffee glass for a traditional feel
- Add 1 ½ ounces of your favorite Irish cream syrup, such as Monin, and stir.
- Add steamed heavy cream until it reaches the top of the mug.
- Take a sip through the cream, check for a milk mustache, and enjoy!
- Pour one (or even two or three) shots of Dark Magic® Espresso Blend into a mug
- For a Keurig: Brew a Dark Magic Espresso Blend K-Cup® portion pack on the smallest brew setting
- Add 1 ½ ounces of your favorite Irish cream syrup, such as Monin
- Add steamed chocolate milk and stir.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings!